Reports of FloodingPosted On: May 28, 2010
The Office of Disaster Preparedness and Emergency Management (ODPEM) has received the following reports:
Roads and Infrastructure:
· Rest- Milk River Bath- main road blocked due to inundation
· Colonel Ridge- Kellits- fallen tree across the main road, single-lane traffic only
· Kupis- Colonel Ridge- landslide on a section of the main road, single-lane traffic only
· White Church Road (at the intersection of the Spanish Town Bypass)- main road blocked due to inundation
The Meteorological Service has indicated that the Flash Flood Warning will be in effect for all parishes until 5:00 p.m. Saturday, May 29, 2010.
The public is advised to continue monitoring the radio for further advisories and to avoid areas that are at risk from flooding and landslides. Also, take the following precautions in the event of heavy rains:
1. Be ready to evacuate if you live in low-lying or flood-prone areas. Decide on likely evacuation routes now.
2. Avoid flooded waterways, i.e. Fording, gullies, streams or rivers, either on foot or in vehicles.
The ODPEM will continue to monitor the situation and further updates will be provided as the situation demands.
Contact: Kimberley Weller, Information Officer email@example.com